Did you know: Chris Evans gets panic attacks. Yes, he does. This is one reason why he’s very private and didn’t really do any meet-and-greets on the Avengers’ sets.
It amazes and inspired me that a man who does what he does can do it, even with an anxiety disorder. You go, Chris.
This is why I get so upset when I hear negative comments about Chris and how he doesn’t seem as out-going as the rest of the Avengers cast. I remember hearing people complain about how he’s ‘rude’ and the like and it’s sad, because I highly doubt he intends to come off that way, he’s just more reserved than the others.
I remember hearing once that he actually went to seek psychiatric help before accepting the role of Captain America because of how anxious he felt regarding it. As well as the fact that he already played another Marvel superhero and he was concerned how comic fans would react to his playing another hero in that universe.
Just because someone’s in the entertainment industry doesn’t mean they’re going to be incredibly outgoing off camera just as much as they appear to be on camera. Some people just really enjoy acting; they’re not the characters they portray nor are they like their costars nor are they going to be incredibly outgoing because of their choice of career.
Now I’m really starting to root for this guy. Because, well. I kind of get the point more accurately than I wish I did.
Yeah, he’s described a few instances where his anxiety has gotten him. Failed auditions, bad experiences at panels or on the carpet, interviews fallen apart because he fixates on something. One of the reasons why he’s my favorite of the Avengers cast is because empathy.
- goodenoughforthethrone likes this
- punishmentcomesafter reblogged this from captainspangly
- fb-phe13 reblogged this from captainspangly
- iinvisibilia likes this
- withpurewhitewings likes this
- captainspangly reblogged this from cptspangled
- visualcherry reblogged this from alexarain
- arnoldsabuki reblogged this from argentlemen
- endlessinfinity likes this
- andyishere likes this
- verlidaine likes this
- thelongestpuzzle reblogged this from parksborn
- dreamsarebutterflies reblogged this from msjarvis
- plmple reblogged this from danastylinson
- plmple likes this
- teachmehowto-love--again reblogged this from krakensdottir
- valeriarest likes this
- msallupinyourface reblogged this from the--vvinter-soldier
- krakensdottir reblogged this from cptspangled
- cptspangled likes this
- cptspangled reblogged this from alexarain
- asubakatchin likes this
- bougiedu27 reblogged this from steveandbucky
- bougiedu27 likes this
- danastylinson likes this
- danastylinson reblogged this from heartcore-directioner
- heartcore-directioner reblogged this from xchrisevans
- the--vvinter-soldier likes this
- the--vvinter-soldier reblogged this from steveandbucky
- stevefenty likes this
- prince-rogers reblogged this from steveandbucky
- prince-rogers likes this
- alexarain reblogged this from xchrisevans
- williamshatnerd likes this
- jackdanielsmargaritas reblogged this from steveandbucky
- lnfinitygauntlet reblogged this from littlemsmarvel
- notarealgreendress reblogged this from steveandbucky
- peoplealwaysleave89 reblogged this from xchrisevans
- steveandbucky reblogged this from xchrisevans
- steveandbucky likes this
- thesmokingspear reblogged this from xchrisevans
- wisegirl777 likes this
- littlemsmarvel likes this
- kookoobaby456 reblogged this from littlemsmarvel
- xchrisevans reblogged this from littlemsmarvel
- xchrisevans likes this
- sassyhiddleston reblogged this from littlemsmarvel
- iamthebells likes this
- littlemsmarvel reblogged this from capadedoda