Did you know: Chris Evans gets panic attacks. Yes, he does. This is one reason why he’s very private and didn’t really do any meet-and-greets on the Avengers’ sets.
It amazes and inspired me that a man who does what he does can do it, even with an anxiety disorder. You go, Chris.
This is why I get so upset when I hear negative comments about Chris and how he doesn’t seem as out-going as the rest of the Avengers cast. I remember hearing people complain about how he’s ‘rude’ and the like and it’s sad, because I highly doubt he intends to come off that way, he’s just more reserved than the others.
I remember hearing once that he actually went to seek psychiatric help before accepting the role of Captain America because of how anxious he felt regarding it. As well as the fact that he already played another Marvel superhero and he was concerned how comic fans would react to his playing another hero in that universe.
Just because someone’s in the entertainment industry doesn’t mean they’re going to be incredibly outgoing off camera just as much as they appear to be on camera. Some people just really enjoy acting; they’re not the characters they portray nor are they like their costars nor are they going to be incredibly outgoing because of their choice of career.
Now I’m really starting to root for this guy. Because, well. I kind of get the point more accurately than I wish I did.
Yeah, he’s described a few instances where his anxiety has gotten him. Failed auditions, bad experiences at panels or on the carpet, interviews fallen apart because he fixates on something. One of the reasons why he’s my favorite of the Avengers cast is because empathy.
- tonystarksbutt likes this
- victorian-orangutan reblogged this from hollyhologram
- hollyhologram reblogged this from perfectscientistwithperfecthair
- rihansu00 reblogged this from twistedingenue
- cumsuprised reblogged this from jonathanecko
- cumsuprised likes this
- cheers2insomnia likes this
- littleanchorone reblogged this from girloftheskye and added:
- morireiora likes this
- lifeisbliss likes this
- bluewoodensea likes this
- aeide-thea likes this
- nonnonmodernist likes this
- captivamoon reblogged this from oliviacirce
- dsudis likes this
- bluestalking-fox likes this
- zaynyesus likes this
- trinityclare likes this
- oliviacirce reblogged this from pluckyredhead
- iamtheawesomec reblogged this from chantelleida
- chantelleida reblogged this from ohyeahcevans
- pluckyredhead reblogged this from chrisevansisafandom
- das-bot reblogged this from chitownnarnia
- chitownnarnia reblogged this from kingfinchers
- kingfinchers likes this
- kingfinchers reblogged this from ahattieforpattie
- rosiestarkidposie likes this
- autoimmune-queen likes this
- sabaku-no-shukaku likes this
- abbyabsinthe reblogged this from rjamobile
- jordanissmilingful likes this
- rjamobile reblogged this from readmyhockeymind
- kristeeg reblogged this from readmyhockeymind
- adashofhockey reblogged this from readmyhockeymind
- adashofhockey likes this
- oops-there-goes-my-life-again reblogged this from ahattieforpattie
- oops-there-goes-my-life-again likes this
- should-i-be-concerned reblogged this from readmyhockeymind
- whatsthestorytori reblogged this from readmyhockeymind
- ahattieforpattie reblogged this from readmyhockeymind
- readmyhockeymind reblogged this from shouldvehadatveit
- ilovebuckybear likes this
- ilovebuckybear reblogged this from chrisevansneedstostop
- poslevkysie reblogged this from heathermione
- shellii-c likes this
- missmmi likes this
- sherlocksdarling reblogged this from dog-deans-baby
- searchingforthesoul reblogged this from ohyeahcevans